To facilitate the establishment of quality training and employment to teenage and adult persons with intellectual disabilities (ID) in Liberia, West Africa.
- To generate funds to support the mission of My Heart’s Appeal, Incorporated.
- To create a safe campus in Liberia, West Africa to give teens and adults in West Africa with intellectual disabilities the opportunity to train, work and be productive.
- To provide training programs for teachers and assistants to work effectively with people with disabilities
- Educating the public about the many skills and capabilities of people with intellectual disabilities.
- To assist in funding the purchase of special equipment, materials and transportation for the deserving applicants.
- Assisting in the cost of furthering the education of the mild, moderate, or severe intellectually disabled teens and adults in West Africa.
“I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” ― Maya Angelou
“Feel Absolutely Important Today Here!”
Welcome Opportunities Respect Kindness Self-Esteem
At MHAC, we welcome persons with disabilities and their families, provide opportunities, promote respect, encourage kindness and build self-esteem.
MHA is governed by volunteer, unpaid Board of Trustees. The purpose of our Board of Trustees is to ensure execution of MHA’s mission and strategic plan. In addition, they provide advice on policy, advocacy, fundraising and public relations. Our board is currently comprised of community representatives and self-advocates from Oklahoma and Liberia who have accepted their position based on their personal experience, passion and expertise
MHA is presently run by a cluster of unpaid volunteers in the United States.
In Liberia MHA has two full-time administrative staff members